Calga has been owned and managed by the Pye family since 1932. Prior to 1932 it was owned by Charlie Pye senior between 1911 and 1916. The Calga West portion was bought back by F C Pye in 1932 and subsequent original Calga holdings were added by R.A. Pye in 1969 and W.R. Pye in 1994. Further holdings were added in 1997 and 1998.
Calga was traditionally a wool growing property until more recent times when the decline in the wool industry forced a change to include a large dry land farming operation, along with the replacement of our Calga merino flock by Dohne sheep.
Today Calga Pty Ltd crops 14,000 ha of dry land farming. Crops grown include Wheat, Barley, Chickpea, Faba Beans, Canola and Sorghum.
Above: Calga Homestead and building complex 1870